Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Patterns Between Fashion & Home {scallops, brass, & lace}

Lately, I've noticed a pattern. The fashion I'm drawn to is usually similar to the types of interior design/home products I like. 

Here's 3 examples of that observation...


Fashion:

Top Shop








Fashion:

Fancy French Cologne
Home:

Van Dykes



Cool right? So maybe I could wear those things while being in rooms with similar details. And the room and I could match. And we'd look cute in pictures. (...I'm gonna stop now)

Oh and oops almost forgot this one...I've always wanted this coral ruffle tiered cloak:

Fashion:
source

Home:

source

Attention: If you thought I was serious with that last one...no. Welcome to my blog where I talk about design but am also ridiculous sometimes. I promise I will never wear that cloak. Or buy that fuzzy orange butterfly chair that looks like it was made with Zoe from Sesame Street's fur. 

(Although back in the day that chair probably would have been on my Christmas list for my dream room...)


But back to business. Does your fashion reflect the design of your home? 

Try looking at your Pinterest boards and see 
if you notice any patterns like I did!

14 comments:

Alyx said...

You know what? I never thought about it... but it totally does!

Unknown said...

Wow, I never noticed but I'm the same way! I have been cruising through Etsy checking out all the clothes they have there. The talent and designers there are phenomenal! I was thinking maybe some weekend when I don't have 50 million things to do, I would like to rip up some old clothes and try to make my own shirt or skirt, that fits my style. After reading this all I need to do is look at my decor! LOL

I love your bolg, I'm a new follower!

Christina said...

LOL! I love your blog!
xo

Lena said...

So delighted that you paid my little blog a visit. And even more excited that I've found yours! No coral ruffled tier coat!?!! Sad!! [Hah, I know ridiculousness oh so well..love it]

Sécia Mischke said...

Love that chair!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

Yes, I totally know what you mean! Color-wise my wardrobe definitely matches what I like in decor. And I like stripes in both too.

The tiered ruffle coat gave me a mental image of you wearing it, which was pretty funny!

designchic said...

I've noticed the same thing...love the correlation between fashion and decor!!

Nicole Terry Merrell said...

Im so glad..you had me worried for a second there about the orange cloak. Where did you even find it?! I think my color choices are similar to what I am drawn to in my home.

Unknown said...

This is the first time I've seen this pattern called scallops! Too cute. Thanks for introducing me! And I logged onto pinterest and see it everywhere! And I am loving that top!

xo. Britt

Gild and Grace said...

I'm a bit the same Courtney! Mostly with colour and my jewellery. I did know you couldn't be serious with that cloak!! Lol

Abbey x

Jessica said...

I HAD that chair back in the day and thought it was the shit. Cringing....Anyways, great observation - decor definitely does follow fashion!

Jo said...

You know, my fashion is starting to reflect my home! However, while I have a specific vision for my home, I don't always have the courage to be quite as vintage/romantic in my clothing. I tend to be more reserved and mainstream in my clothing choices. I love lace and brass! I'm not so sure about scallops, although I think they're pretty.

his little lady said...

i'm actually really intrigued by that ruler brass bracelet!
xo TJ

Danie at Pasadya said...

Oh, that last part is hilarious! Zoe. :)