Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It Always Seems Impossible Until It's Done

via

I'm going to keep this quote in mind as I go through this next quarter (which starts today, ah!). 

Fall quarter was the busiest I have EVER been in my entire life. I've never had that busy of a schedule with that much work.

I began last quarter thinking that I would have a busy, but manageable schedule. Until I talked to a senior who heard my class schedule and said something along the lines of, "Wait...all of those classes at once? Oh gosh...whoa....uh oh...wait really? Yikes! :-/ Well good luck!"...

From that point on, I realized the quarter would be rough. And since I go home every weekend to volunteer at my church an hour away, that takes up a lot of valuable homework time. So I was concerned that I wouldn't do as well as I wanted to. But when I got my grades before break, I found out that I got the best grades I've gotten so far in college! I was beyond thrilled. So, with that behind me, I know this quarter is going to be FINE. My schedule (time-wise) is a lot more manageable. I will have a lot of responsibilities still, but if I got through last quarter, I'll get through this one for sure. I got this.

So HERE GOES! My design classes this quarter include: Lighting Design, Sustainability and Materials, and the 2nd of 3 AutoCad classes. I'll be sure to keep you updated about those design classes, as well as try to catch you up to speed with some of my past projects that I did before blogging! 

Alsooo, I just started the student mentor program at my school, and was able to interview a professional interior designer in Seattle yesterday! I learned a lot from her and am so thankful that I had that opportunity. I'll try to tell you guys a little about that soon! Oh and also...I might have recently dyed my hair back to my natural brown color? Yep.

That had to be my most scattered blog post yet. I realize that.
 Forgive me.

Have a GREAT Wednesday everyone!

5 comments:

Preemie Maboroshi said...

It's great that you made it through last quarter. It sounds like this quarter should be fun.

Sustainability and Materials sounds like an awesome course! I love green building, reclaimed spaces, etc. But the AutoCad courses also sound interesting to me (as a complete layman and total outsider).

Have a great time!

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

Lovely post! Good luck with the new quarter and I look forward to hearing about your new classes and past projects! Will we get to see photos of the new hair color too?

jessica said...

That's so awesome that you were able to take a scary load of classes adn turn it into the best grades of your college career! And I'm interested to see pictures of you wtih brown hair! :)

Good luck with your next set of classes!

courtney {splendid actually} said...

Good luck with your classes this term! I remember my sustainability class fondly and my lighting class not so fondly. I was never great with calculating foot candles!

laney said...

...mercy...i think maybe everyone...everywhere...needs a couse in sustainablility...oh wait...i am 63 and i remember...that is exactly what God hands us everyday...everywhere...hang in there...i think you have the perfect Mentor to help you...blessings laney