Saturday, January 21, 2012

Going for a Dip


I am seriously loving these dip dyed/ombre pillows right now. A few of them are even hand-painted! Want them. All of them.
Alice Lane Home
Alice Lane Home

John Robshaw in Pewter -via Design Serendipity

ABC Home

I could have just chosen to leave this post at that...but I can't help but add something from my favorite movie that kept popping into my mind while I was putting this post together. I'm weird, I know, don't judge me. 

It's in the first 30 seconds or so of this vid. (The Parent Trap)

Disclaimer: there may be a man in a speedo.


The part where Martin says "Going for a dip Madam, do you mind?". Get it? Dip? DIP DYE? Okay you're judging me. 

Respect me.

12 comments:

Michaela said...

Considering the fact that this was the ONLY movie I'd watch when I was little, I loved everything about this post!! Pillows are awesome :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Love this idea! I might just have to try and make one! hahaha :) Loving your cute blog!

Nikki Colton said...

I love the Parent Trap! So sad that Natasha (the mom) passed away...she was beautiful. And I love the pillows too, they're neat! :)

Janette said...

Loving these pillows, and the Parent Trap reference and your blog! Thanks for following mine! Following back!

Janette the Jongleur

Nicole said...

Amazing girly. Gotta try this. Thanks for sharing!

Marriage from Scratch said...

Adorable pillows :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Love the dipped pillows. Your post was very amusing, and I think you are just lovely, but then I am often described as quite 'dippy' too;) God bless x

Kate said...

I ADORE these!! I am recently become obsessed with home decorating haha. Officially following--love for you to check out my blog when you get a sec as well! http://the-permanent-tourist.blogspot.com/

xx
Kate
http://the-permanent-tourist.blogspot.com/

Marriage from Scratch said...

Court~ I just nominated you with the Liebster Bloggy Award after it was given to me. Go check out my blog and then pass it on! xoxo

Megan Nachelle said...

How funny! My mom and I use to watch that part over and over again and we would just crack up when he was trying to sneak away in his speedo. This brought back some very great memories. The pillows are such a good idea too!

Heather @ newhouse, newhome, new life said...

Love the pillows - especially the more subtle toned ones.

Bethany said...

The Parent Trap has been my favourite film for a long, long time.. Nobody understands why. Its just the BEST FILM. ;)